Dr. Whitney Salinas grew up around the world but claims Texas as her home state. She received a Bachelor in Science from Southern Methodist University where she graduated cum laude and M.D. from Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine in Temple, TX.
Dr. Salinas completed her Internal Medicine internship and residency at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. She loved her time in the Midwest, however realized she was not cut out for snowy winters and decided to come back to Texas to complete her Allergy and Immunology fellowship from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas where she authored four manuscripts and a book chapter.
Outside of work, Dr. Salinas enjoys traveling with her husband, long distance running, trying new recipes, and playing with her English Cocker Spaniel named Pancakes.
Education & Training
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX Allergy & Immunology Fellowship; 7/2018-6/2020
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Internal Medicine Internship and Categorical Residency; 7/2015-6/2018
- Texas A&M Health Science Center, College of Medicine, Temple, TX Doctor of Medicine; 6/2011- 5/2015
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences; 8/2007-12/2010
- Board Certified in Allergy & Immunology
Honors & Awards
Alpha Omega Alpha (Member of AOA)
John C. Starr Award for Excellence in Internal Medicine 2015
Scott and White Scholarship 2013- 2015
Southern Methodist University- Cum Laude 2010
The National Society of Collegiate Scholars 2008- 2010
Southern Methodist University Merit Scholarship 2007- 2010
Southern Methodist University Hilltop Scholar 2007- 2008