Dr. Adesh Patel received his Bachelor of Science degree, magna cum laude, from the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). He subsequently received his medical degree (M.D) from the University of Alabama School of Medicine.
He completed a residency in Internal Medicine at University of Mississippi. After finishing residency, he completed a fellowship in Allergy and Immunology at Louisiana State University in Shreveport where he scored in the 100th percentile in the nation on the In-Training Board Examination both 1st and 2nd years of fellowship.
Although Dr. Patel is an Alabama native, Dr. Patel has relocated to Dallas, TX and made it his new home. He enjoys watching college football on Saturdays, traveling, trying new restaurants, and spending time with family and friends.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Alabama at Birmingham, magna cum laude
- M.D. from the University of Alabama School of Medicine
- Internship and residency in internal medicine at the University of Mississippi
- Fellowship in allergy and immunology at Louisiana State University in Shreveport
- Board certified in both internal medicine and allergy and immunology
Honors & Awards
- 2002 – 2006 National Honor Society University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2002 – 2006 Golden Key Society University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2002 – 2006 President’s List University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2007 University of Alabama School of Medicine Research Day Award
- 2013 University of Mississippi Research Day Award
- 2015 & 2016 100th percentile in the nation on the In-Training Board Examination for Allergy & Immunology
Patel A, Bahna SL. Hypersensitivities to sesame and other common edible seeds. Allergy. 2016 Oct;71(10):1405-13.
Parekh H, Patel A, Godhwani N. Recently published anaphylaxis practice parameter. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2016 Mar;116(3):265.
Patel A, Bahna SL. Immediate hypersensitivity reactions to corticosteroids. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2015 Sep;115(3):178-182.
Patel A, deShazo RD, Stringer S. Diagnostic criteria for a curable form of chronic rhinosinusitis: the mucous recirculation syndrome. Am J Med. 2014 Jul;127(7):586-591.